DBS Checks for Employers
Click the name of the e-DBS system your organisation is using to reach the login screen:
Here at Charity BackRoom we provide a fast, efficient and easy to use DBS checking service, with the choice of processing applications online or via paper. We can also access Route 2 external verification and ISA Adult First checks.
Please note our services aren't available to individuals or the self-employed. If you are self-employed or an individual requiring a DBS check call the DBS Helpline on 03000-200190 or ask the organisation who requires you to be checked to carry out your check.
Below we summarise each of the application processes. Please read through the benefits of each process and select the right option for your organisation.
Please note that regardless of the application process used the resulting certificate is printed on paper and sent to the applicant.
Option a) Electronic DBS
- The online system requires interaction from the organisation and the applicant and therefore requires its users to have a level of IT literacy
- Although we charge a small start-up fee there is no requirement to pre-pay.
- The administration fee is £12+VAT for each application with discounts available for bulk. Additional costs in line with DBS charging may also apply (£44 enhanced, £26 standard)
- Reduced chance of user errors during the application process
- Gives you the ability to easily track the location of all your applications
- Instant email alerts at verification and DBS completed stage
- Auto escalation after 60 days at stage 4
- Password reset
Please note that we do not process checks for organisations that require less than 10 DBS checks per year.
Option b) Paper Applications
- Suitable and accessible to all individuals
- No set-up fee
- Costs are the same as for option a) with exception to the administration fee which is £13.50+VAT for Voluntary Norfolk enhanced members (normally £15+VAT)
To apply please download and complete the Paper sign-up form. Completed forms to be sent to:
The DBS Department, Charity BackRoom, St Clements House, 2-16 Colegate, Norwich, NR3 1BQ
Or emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org