It took two years of strategic planning, research and development before Charity BackRoom was ready to launch, so we are well aware how hard it can be to start your own organisation or 'not for profit' business.
And having done it ourselves, we are keen to help others to do it too.
We have supported organisations during their start-up phase and have assisted them to focus their efforts on achieving their primary aims and objectives. Through our HR and Employment Law offer, we have specifically designed a low-cost starter service aimed at helping an organisation launch with the vital support, guidance and HR policies all in place form the beginning.
Our desire to help start-up organisations doesn’t stop there:
- Our DBS (CRB) service allows you to undertake the appropriate checks on staff and volunteers - something which may be a requirement when you apply for funding. We can also make sure that your staff or volunteers have the necessary photo ID badges that will allow them to proceed without hindrance or delay.
- Our Health & Safety service, offered by us in conjunction with award-winning Sphere Risk Health & Safety Management Ltd), will remove any concerns you may have relating to your legal obligations and the safety of your clients, volunteers and staff.
- We can even make sure that you have the right Insurance in place through our broker partnership with Finance ReDirect, itself a part of the registered charity Create.
- Our Accounts service will allow you to focus your time on core functions and remove the worry ensuring your financial systems meet the exacting standards required by law, regulation and good practice.
And if you’re thinking of taking on paid-staff
- Our Payroll service will register you with the Inland Revenue and arrange for your employees to be paid on time.
- Our highly effective but remarkably inexpensive Jobs Board will help you advertise for staff but if you need further assistance we can undertake any or all of the recruitment functions on your behalf through our unique modular recruitment offer – from advertisement to interview and beyond.
These are just a few of the ways we make sure your organisation gets the start it deserves.
- Charity BackRoom's parent organisation,Voluntary Norfolk, may be able to assist the development of local charities in a variety of ways.
- For organisations outside of Norfolk the NCVO website should provide a useful resource for you.
- For development of local social enterprises contact Social Enterprise Norfolk or for a national picture visit Social Enterprise UK.