Make the Most of Training
There are a number of common reasons people cite for not undertaking learning and training:
- “It takes up too much time” – Learning new skills usually enables the person to do their job more effectively and efficiently so investing the time in training could save your staff time in the long-run and enable your organisation to deliver better quality services.
- “It costs too much money” – Some training courses and learning packages are expensive, but many are not. Why not ask Charity BackRoom for a list of low-cost training sessions that are coming up soon
- “The training available is too far away or at inconvenient times” – Charity BackRoom is able to offer bespoke training courses at your premises or ours.
Why Learning and Training are Necessary.
- With many voluntary and community groups taking extra responsibility for the care and welfare of members of the community and with more and more legislation affecting what they do, it is essential that all your staff and volunteers learn the necessary skills and are kept up to date on legislation and good practice.
- Are your trustees aware of relevant charity laws?
- Do they understand the relevant areas of employment law?
- Do your staff or volunteers need qualifications in order to undertake their work (e.g. food safety in catering or health and safety)?